Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Winter Break Highlights!

Well last week we decided we had had enough of the sub zero cold and snow.  We literally decided 8 days prior to buy tickets to go to Florida for the kids winter break.  The fun part about this trip was that we did not tell the kids we were going until the day before we left.  We sat them down and told them we needed to have a serious family meeting...those poor kids thought they were in trouble! So funny.  You can see their reactions here!
I didn't really realize how much we all needed this trip until we were there!  I was able to sit back and relax a little, now that the kids are older and good swimmers I'm not running around chasing them which is fantastic!  We took the kids out for a bike ride around Sanibel Island one afternoon and we went through the wild life refuges.  Another day we walked a Slough preserve and of coarse a lot of pool time.
 The hubs and I got to go on a date night...an awesome sushi bar called BLU.  It was nice to sit back relax, listen and talk.
Our first day at the pool everyone got right into relaxation mode.  I love it when my little guy just lays down on his own. He's very aware of when he needs a nap.
The kids were troopers on our bike trip. It was 85 and sunny.  They biked a total of 13 miles! 
On our walk in the Slough preserve we saw wild hogs- which my daughter of coarse wanted to take home, a super creepy poisonous snake (cottonmouth) yuck, alligators and lot's of birds!
Pool time!
We did a few dinners out and Pepere imparted his english muffin recipe secrets on my oldest. 

Overall a great time was much needed and had by all. This was the first trip that I got to really sit back and observe my children and I have to say these kids are amazing. They are super curious, respectful of each other and are fun to be around.  I guess as a mom there isn't much more you can ask for.  :) Can you remind me of that when I'm yelling about home work or messy rooms?
Thanks!  ox~ deana

3 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. I think that was one of the best things we've done in a long time...they had no clue!

      Delete