Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Looking Back!

13 years ago I was laying in the ICU after having an emergency c-section with my son Benjamin. My first pregnancy was no walk in the park. At week 26 I was in a car accident that sent me into pre-term labor and bedrest with medication to stop the contractions. I was scheduled for a c-section but my water broke at 37 and 1/2 weeks.  My son was breach and as soon as my water broke my body went into a tail spin.  My blood pressure was so high they were afraid I was going to have a stroke and I went into Help syndrome. It was crazy. I didn't remember seeing my baby boy when he was born and after surgery I was whisked to ICU and didn't get to see him until 24 hours later.


Through it all the end result was a healthy baby boy who changed us as a couple and made us into a family. Now a young teenager (yikes!) The BIG 13, he's a sweet loving young man who still hugs his mom and likes to be tucked into bed.  Our daily struggles seem big but minor in comparison.  A good kid that has started showing signs of his independence and breaking away from the nest.  If I could impart anything to him it would be to make choices that truly lead him a happy heart. That he lives his life in the grace of god and loves big. Don't be afraid to be different, God made you unique for a reason so share your gifts.  Be good to your family because in the end they are the people who will be by you through thick and thin.  They love you in the beauty and the ugliness of your days.  Don't be so quick to grow up because there is no turning back.

Happy Birthday my dear sweet Benjamin.  I never knew my heart could hold so much love for one tiny little being and how much you would teach me about myself.

No comments :

Post a Comment